Upgrade 1.6 -> 2.0 = Posts invisible in admin???

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Mar 2, 2011 at 8:27 PM

I upgraded from version 1.6.0 to 2.0 per these instructions:

http://blogengine.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Upgrading%20to%20BlogEngine.NET%202.0

All looks good on the client side; existing blog posts are displayed, etc. the problems are:

1.) The posts are not visible from the admin page (/blog/admin/posts/posts.aspx)

* If i click Categories (in admin) I see totals of posts in each category, so it is partially working.

2.) I can not save any changes for extensions or settings (they just revert)

We are running SQL and i have applied the 1.6 -> 2.0 upgrade script. I made sure write access was enabled to App_Data just in case. Any ideas on what that cause is would appreciated. Thanks.

Coordinator
Mar 3, 2011 at 9:56 AM

If your blog is in a .NET 4.0 application pool, in case you haven't done so already, you'll want to use the .NET 4.0 web.config file in the /setup folder.  It's called ASP.NET_4.0_Web.Config.  You would want to rename this to web.config, and copy it into the root folder, overwriting the existing one.  Unless you're using a DB for storage, then you would want to use the .NET 4.0 web.config file in the DB folder under /setup for the DB you are using.

Mar 3, 2011 at 12:57 PM

Thank you, unfortunately that did not solve the issue above. Any other suggestions?

Mar 3, 2011 at 1:39 PM
Edited Mar 3, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Mar 3, 2011 at 1:41 PM
Edited Mar 3, 2011 at 2:49 PM
Mar 3, 2011 at 1:43 PM

An additional symptom is that I can not create a new post. I click the "Save Post" button and nothing happens. I even went back and tried a plain Blog Engine .NET 2.0 install without any customizations with the same results

Mar 3, 2011 at 2:34 PM

FloridaDev, the link you provided has been infected with malware. Fortunately my A/V stopped it.

Mar 3, 2011 at 2:38 PM

Please post your Malware log indicating what it is infected with as that is a imageshack.us link and as far as I know malware free. Thanks.

Mar 3, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Without wanting to post the infected link, it redirected me to a url of www2 DOT thebest-cleansentinel DOT co DO cc and said I was infected and that I needed to perform a scan.

Mar 3, 2011 at 2:48 PM

That is bizarre, in any case i will pull those off. On a good note i figured out the problem, it had to do with IIS7 Rewrite Rules and faulty postbacks.