last 2 posts always alternating

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer
Mar 7, 2011 at 1:02 PM
Edited Mar 7, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Hello,

I have been using 1.6 before and just went through the steps to upgrade to 2.0 as outlined here.

All seems to be working fine but I have the issue that whenever you load the blog http://www.husky.at the last two posts are shown alternating.

so initial load the second post is shown at the top

next refresh the newest post is shown at the top but the second one is missing.

I use SQL as the backend if that matters, SQL and IIS 7.5 are on the same machine. It is SQL 2008 and IIS 7.5 on 2008 R2 Server.

in the posts admin page the same occurs. I need to click on the posts tab two or three times to get all posts shown.

If I do not do this and try to edit a post in the list I get a "post not found" error when trying to save it.

Also the back and forward Navigation experiences a lot of "Resource not found" errors and the need to hit Refresh every now and then to get a page.

THis happens in IE 7, 8, 9 and firefox 3 and 4 as well as Safari

So I guess it is not browser related.

I use the Standard Theme

Any help would be greatly apreciated

Mike

Mar 7, 2011 at 4:44 PM

Seems to be related to the caching on the server.

I have done IIS Reset and it got back to working. After a while the behavior reoccurred.

tried the fix proposed in another thread to add the two lines to master.aspx.cs in the themes folder, but doing that ends up returning the page in "garbage" format. Looks like a binary displayed in IE.

Hope someone has a suggestion for me.

Mike

Mar 10, 2011 at 12:37 PM

Bounce

Anyone an idea? at the moment I have a PowerShell script updating the Modified Date on Web.Config every 10 minutes but that can not be the solution can it?

Is there a way to turn caching off in general?