Fixed video size in post

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls, Themes
Mar 9, 2011 at 11:13 AM

I have my blog up and running using a theme I created, the theme uses a fixed width for the blog and widget panel,  but when a user uploads a video with say dimensions 720x480 the video overlaps into the widget panel.

When using an element inspector I can see the following CSS for the video container

<div id="mep_0" class="mep-container mep" style="width: 720px; height: 480px; ">

Can some tell me how I can override this class as I can't quite figure out which file I shoud be tinkering with.

mediaelement.min.js

mediaelementplayer.css

mediaelementplayer.js

mediaelementplayer.min.css

mediaelementplayer.min.js

Thanks

Mar 9, 2011 at 3:24 PM

The Media player is an Extension.  Can't you just set the height and width settings there to resolve this?

Mar 9, 2011 at 3:39 PM

Hi Guynethery,

Could you be more specific please?

I need there to be a maximum default size for any embedded videos as my blog will have numerous editors posting, and i'd rather not request that they update the markup within the text-editor to include width + height.

In fact every user will be an editor as blogengine has been deployed within a secure site.

Thanks

Mar 9, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Maybe I misunderstand how the extension works but if you to to admin>Extensions>MediaElementPlayer>Edit you can set a default width and height.  My understand that this is what will be used as the width and height unless a user overrides in the markup and provides a different width and height.

Mar 9, 2011 at 4:10 PM

This does set the video's default dimensions on page loadup, however, once you actually play the video it expands to it's original dimensions.... 

So to just to be clear seeing as I wasn't totally clear before; I need to set the video's default dimensions on play.

Thanks