Seeking help: installation problems

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Mar 30, 2008 at 2:26 PM
Hello and thanks in advance for you assistance. We just installed BlogEngine.NET latest for eval and followed the basic installation instructions. Working fine on my local machine but when we get it out to our server (2003 IIS 6 .NET 2.0) in an app with perms properly set according to docs, we get

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 17: private void BindMenu()
Line 18: {
Line 19: foreach (SiteMapNode adminNode in SiteMap.Providers"SecuritySiteMap".RootNode.ChildNodes)
Line 20: {
Line 21: if (adminNode.IsAccessibleToUser(HttpContext.Current))

Source File: d:\Www\htdocs\Blog\admin\menu.ascx.cs Line: 19

Any ideas what we're doing wrong? Thank you
Mar 30, 2008 at 4:52 PM
Ok I put a try-catch around the foreach just to get past, and things seem to work except the login page is not skinned. but once I login and thereafter even after signing out, as long as my cookies exist I'm good and everything works ok

However, it requires login to get to anything - how do you disable required login so guests can read/contribute? Thanks