Mail Server - Could Not Connect

Mar 31, 2008 at 10:15 PM
First of all let me say that BE is great, I host my own site on my DSL connection at home using a dynamic IP service. I have a number of applications and starter kits installed none of which have any trouble using my locally hosted Cmail server. With exactly the same settings as the other apps BE returns an error - Could Not Connect. Funny thing is when I put in my ISP's SMTP settings everything works fine. I've had a quick look at the code and just have not been able to find where the validation is kicking in - any ideas

Selwyn
Apr 25, 2008 at 4:28 PM
I'm having the same problem, I'm using godaddy's email server. All settings are the same as the email account in my live mail, but it just not work and give me "Could not connect" message.
May 8, 2008 at 7:27 PM
Same here. Using GoDaddy smtp to send mail out of, but I'm only getting 'could not connect'. Is there any way to get more detail on this (without spending the time to figure it out myself)?
May 8, 2008 at 10:10 PM
i am using godaddy as well with the same result. version 1.3.0.0
May 9, 2008 at 12:25 PM
Edited May 9, 2008 at 12:26 PM
Enter GoDaddy's mail relay as SMTP server in your blog's admin panel:

relay-hosting.secureserver.net

Leave username & password empty. Do not use your own SMTP settings.

Cheers,
Mike
May 9, 2008 at 5:04 PM
Thanks for the reply, but that didn't do it for me. After a quick call to support, I ended up with using their smart host, k2smtpout.secureserver.net. All seems well, at least it passes the test in the admin.

I may be a bit different than most since I am running my site on a virtual private server. Relay-hosting.secureserver.net may work for others just fine.

Cheers!

wayne
Sep 13, 2009 at 11:29 PM

The relay-hosting.secureserver.net worked perfectly.  Thanks for the information.

Jason