How to delete undeliverable Email address from post comment?

Topics: Business Logic Layer, Controls
Mar 23, 2011 at 11:13 AM
Edited Oct 24, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Need to delete undeliverable email addresses from the "<label style="width: auto; float: none; display: inline; padding-left: 5px;" for="cbNotify">Notify me when new comments are added"</label>

Newsletter emails are in an xml file.  But these emails seems to be in the app pool.

Is there a way to delete them?

I keep getting the same emails over and over undeliverable

Undeliverable: New comment on PostTitle

"" <>
Add sender to Contacts

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Sent: 22 Mar 2011 23:51:00 -0500
   Subject: New comment on PageLinkMenu

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
   Error Type: SMTP
   Connection to recipients server failed.
   Error: Host name:, message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

Tried 5 time(s)

Java Blog

Mar 24, 2011 at 4:05 AM

Found a work around for now.

Just put this behind the url  of the post you want the email from unsubsribe from with the email address thats returning.

Like this for the above post:

%40 = @

For a permanent fix there needs to be changes in the post.cs and post.aspx.cs files.

This is something I am working on now when I get time to do so.  Trying to develop a gridview that would read in all of the email addresses

with ability to delete them when needed.  Also you can monitor who is getting emails from your posts.

Mar 24, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Thanks. I was looking for it too.

How did you find it? :)

Mar 24, 2011 at 12:27 PM

I subsribe to the post, then post a test comment so it then sent me an email.

At the bottom there is an unsubsribe link copy that link and put the in there and it worked !

This is just a temp fix for now.

What BlogEngine needs to do is check the status of the email when its sent