blog load extremely slow

Mar 31, 2011 at 6:45 PM

We have a blog was running well for 2 years. But recent 2 weeks it loads extremely slow or just never display the page, no only the first time loading and no matter what link clicked. The weird thing is that if I upload the same web.config file again the page load immidiately, and the blog can work well for a while.  We found the blog didn't display mobile format on iPhone and iPad, so I added the iPad | iPhone | in web.config. It works well. Then somebody found the slow problem, (not sure the problem was there or not before the file changed) I reload the original web.config file.  No other programs are changed. We have several other blogs and many other things hosted on the same server, and they are all working well. Did anybody experience similar situation? What could be the problem? Thanks in advance for any help or comments.

Mar 31, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Are you using xmlblog provider or you are using SQL database ?

XML blog provider is for light weighted blogs or sites. If your blog is very big in size (Post Count/Comment Count) and you are using still using xml blog provider then your blog start becoming slow day by day. In order to resolve this issue one need to migrate posts from xml to data base.

So is it a case with you ?

Mar 31, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Also you can use SQL_CE for faster response. It is file base system and loads faster.

Follow this discussion, i hope this will help you - http://blogengine.codeplex.com/discussions/252028#post589648

Apr 1, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Thanks jitendraapi! We will try.