Theme header graphic editing

Topics: Themes
Apr 1, 2011 at 2:36 PM
Edited Apr 1, 2011 at 2:42 PM

I am looking to upgrade and modernize the theme I am using, I found several themes that I would like to use if I could work with the colors of the header graphic.  I am totally unexperienced in this area and am looking for recommendations for a graphic editing program to tinker with.  I am not in the market for buying anything expensive as I am not going to use it much after I accomplish my task.  Maybe even something cloud based would work.  

Or if some ambitious soul with time on their hands would like to assemble or get me started on a nice clean uncluttered theme with soft muted desert colors I wouldn't turn it down.

Thanks for your help.

Apr 1, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Check out my BE theme site -

There are only few themes. All are old and existing BE themes. I have just refreshed them and make them compatible with latest BE version and some widget changes.

May be it will help you.

Also let me know which theme you would like to convert ?

Apr 11, 2011 at 1:42 PM

@jitendraapi.  i checked out your themes and wondered how the background image works on the 'Dilectio Three Column Professional Theme'.  How do you get it to fill the window regardless of size?  I have been trying to modify the standard template do this, but to no avail.  Please check my recent post under themes.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:00 PM

You can view some themes here

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Hello @shaskins

I am glad that you visit my theme site and liked it.

Displaying the background image regardless to window size is pretty easy. Just follow the following steps:

1. Add below css into css file (style.css)

body.bgimage {background-image: url(img/bg.jpg);background-position: left 5px;background-attachment: fixed;background-repeat: no-repeat;} 

2. Add class to body tag in site.master page

<body class="bgimage">

Let me know if you have query.

Also you can check out our latest theme -

Apr 11, 2011 at 9:23 PM
Edited Apr 11, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Thanks, that works pretty well, but i still must be missing something.  What should the starting width of the background image be?  My image is 1069x1300 and my screen resolution is set at 1680.  So when I maximize the browser window (not usually at that setting), the image of course does not show any wider than 1069.  So i guess that is what i mean to stretch it over. But I might be an extreme case with that setting, is there a way to center it so that it is more behind the width of the blog elements/containers?

Here is a link to our blog

Apr 11, 2011 at 9:28 PM

Very simple, update 'background-position' to 'center'.

Old - background-position: left 5px;

New - background-position:center;

Apr 11, 2011 at 9:50 PM

Thanks. That looks much better. Not exactly what I was going for but a definite improvement.