what the?? ?theme=Leaves

Topics: Themes
Apr 3, 2008 at 8:26 PM
So I have loaded blogengine.net onto the server at discountasp.net. All works well apart from the page theme...there is none.

When I got to settings and change the theme, I get the correct preview, however when I return to the Front Page, the theme has not been applied. If I then put the following ?theme=Leaves at the end of each URL I get the theme I am after, which is Leaves. If I move off that page the theme disappears.

As a newbie I am properly doing something really stupid, but you don't ask, you don;t get ;-)

Any suggestions.

M.
Apr 3, 2008 at 9:24 PM
In settings, turn off "trim stylesheets" and see if it works.
Apr 4, 2008 at 9:09 AM

malcolmfraser wrote:
So I have loaded blogengine.net onto the server at discountasp.net. All works well apart from the page theme...there is none.

When I got to settings and change the theme, I get the correct preview, however when I return to the Front Page, the theme has not been applied. If I then put the following ?theme=Leaves at the end of each URL I get the theme I am after, which is Leaves. If I move off that page the theme disappears.

As a newbie I am properly doing something really stupid, but you don't ask, you don;t get ;-)

Any suggestions.

M.

Simply previewing a theme does not set it as your site's current theme, it merely shows you what your site would look like if you used that theme. So after selecting a new theme, you need to make sure you click "Save Settings"

Mark
Apr 5, 2008 at 9:19 AM
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did that and no-go. So thought the cache might have been the issue to F5'ed, no luck, closed IE and started over, no-go and finally rebooted my PC, each time went into Blogengine.net 'settings' choose theme, save changes and still no-go.

Weird eh...

markheath wrote:

malcolmfraser wrote:

Any suggestions.

M.

Simply previewing a theme does not set it as your site's current theme, it merely shows you what your site would look like if you used that theme. So after selecting a new theme, you need to make sure you click "Save Settings"

Mark

Apr 5, 2008 at 9:32 AM
Hi Again Mar,

Seems I found the issue in the issue tracker section. Why is it that the page loads before the CSS file is read? by deslecting 'trim sheets' solved my problem. Now the siter is loading with the right theme.

markheath wrote:

malcolmfraser wrote:

Any suggestions.

M.

Mark