Initial Login Failure

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Apr 13, 2011 at 10:53 PM

I'm new to BE 2.0, long time user of DNN. You've converted me. However, I'm trying to work with a particular hosting company with very limited access to IIS configuration and getting a very strange behavior that I am not getting locally. When initially logging in with admin/admin, I'm getting returned to default.aspx and the page is rendering a lot of nonsense.  Here is the first line from the view source:

Has anyone seen this behavior before, and if so, how do I correct?

.NET 4.0 AppPool
IIS 7.0
BE 2.0

I have already made the change to the Utils.cs file, rebuilt the solution and deployed the updated DLLs. This IS working in my local environment, but failing on my third party hosted account.

Apr 13, 2011 at 11:05 PM

I found another post with details concerning the compressed output and went ahead and commented out the two references to the CompressionModule within the web.config file. This has not resolved the issue as I'm still getting compressed code kicked back after logging in. I've also verified that a single instance of Admin exists within the Users.XML file.

Apr 14, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Make sure you using web.config for .net 4.0 (from setup folder).

Apr 18, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Rtur, thanks for the feedback, but the issue actually ended up being this one:

After I modified my SiteMap, the site was good to go. My host also has some pretty long cache times, which is why I was seeing the delayed behavior. I'm up and running now and LOVING the software.