One Blog or Multiple???

Apr 4, 2008 at 10:38 PM
This is what I am looking to do. I have a volleyball related site where each player has his/her own profile page. I wanted to add a feature where each player would have their own blog on their profile page but at the same time their entries would show in a "master" site wide blog.

Is this a situation where I would only need 1 blog with several authors? If so how would I dynamically create authors and only show posts by that author on their profile page? Or would I need Multiple blogs in one BlogEngine.NET instance

Thanks in advanced for any help
Apr 9, 2008 at 5:11 AM
You could assign each player their own category. Make a custom front end that redirects to a category listing of posts based on the player selected
Apr 9, 2008 at 3:45 PM
And how about managing blog only by user whos blog is it?
Apr 9, 2008 at 7:18 PM
That is something that is being address in 1.4 and probably 1.5. We are adding a profile builder to the base of BE.N. Then in the next version you will probably begin to see a profle page that has their blogs listed on that page in some fashion. I don't have a lot of details because there are none. But in 1.4 each author will be able to have their own profile.