Upgrade to 2.0 using SQLite provider fails

Topics: Business Logic Layer
Apr 24, 2011 at 8:19 PM
Edited Apr 24, 2011 at 8:19 PM

I've upgraded my BlogEngine.NET from 1.6.xx to 2.0, and I'm using the SQLite provider. I applied the "setup\SQLite\SQLiteUpgradeFrom1.6To2.0.txt" script, but now when I try to launch my site, I keep getting:

SQLite error
no such table: be_Blogs

Exception Details: System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: SQLite error
no such table: be_Blogs

What's up with that?? I can't seem to find *any* trace of such a table in my SQLite upgrade scripts.......

Apr 25, 2011 at 5:54 AM

The table be_Blogs is a new table in the most recent developer builds.  This was introduced *after* BE 2.0.  If you want to use BE 2.0, you should download it from the Downloads tab at the top.  That will be BE 2.0 (, whereas the most recent developer build is now up to  These recent developer builds are not yet compatible with SQLite (they are actually compatible, but a new SQLite DB/script needs to be created).

Apr 25, 2011 at 7:42 AM

Thanks, Ben! I was a bit surprised since that build still has a 2.0.0.X designation - but it really seems to be a 2.5.x stream, right?

I tried with the "official" build and it works fine with that one - thanks!

Apr 26, 2011 at 9:21 AM

That's our convention ... we stick with 2.0.x, and then when 2.5 is finally released or a 2.5 RC comes out, that's the first time we increment it to 2.5.  I haven't thought much about it ... but can see how that might can be confusing if you don't know.  Anyhow, glad you got things working.