Issue found in BE 2.0

Topics: Controls, Themes
May 3, 2011 at 4:53 AM

Not sure if this is due to BE or to the themes I tested.

I start out in the standard theme. Add a textbox widget with some test text in it.

Save that.

Then in setting I switch to another theme (save that first), then look at the front page and the textbox is gone.

As soon as I switch back to standard theme the textbox is back again.

Also I noticed that the possibility to move/edit or remove widgets from the frontpage is not present in the themes other than standard.

Even worse, some widgets show up even if I have them removed from the standard theme.

May 3, 2011 at 1:59 PM

Take a look at the master page for the theme you are using, it probably does not implement widgets and all lists in the sidebar hard-coded, this is why you see this behavior. If so, you'll have to replace controls in side bar with widget zone as it is in standard theme for example, and adjust CSS a little for widgets to look right.

May 4, 2011 at 4:42 AM
Edited May 14, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Tx for the reply rtur,

I will take a look at it later, for now I am satisfied (VERY satisfied actually!) with the fact that I can have blogs up and running in minutes without much hassle.

I LOVE BlogEngine. After a frustrating experience with WP this feels like coming home. Mind you, I can have a blog up and running in 15 minutes.

The ProfessionalLight theme works OK for me, maybe later I will try and test my own themes (Oh well, modify existing themes to make them look like mine).

**** ADDED LATER ***

rtur, I did take a look but am not sure where to start. Not much of a C# developer myself.
Do you have any tips, ideas, hints, thoughts, tricks and traps?

Boudewijn Lutgerink