BlogML import gives me an error

Apr 9, 2008 at 7:39 PM
Hello

I like many others seem to have problems using the Click Once app to import a BlogML file. I have tried tweaking the BlogImporter.asmx a bit to get it to work, but at the most I get the latest three posts imported with their respective categories.

The error I get is: "The username or password is incorrect". This error message seem to come when the import app hits a SoapException in the BtnImport_Click event handler in the Blog Importer app (had a look in Reflector to see if I could figure out what goes wrong).

I have also tried debugging and catching on the web service end, but the SoapException seems to indicate that it does not reach the website at all when the error occurs. It have imported some of the post/categories, but somehow it doesn't get any further.

I'm trying to move my XML based blog to the MSSQL based, but I'm getting pretty frustrated :)

I'm thinking about starting work on a more direct XML to SQL converter that utilizes the BE object model more directly, is there work being done on something like that??
Apr 15, 2008 at 3:04 AM
Edited Apr 15, 2008 at 3:05 AM
I tried using BlogImporter and got the same error message... repeatedly. I downloaded Microsoft's SQLXML from http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa286527.aspx but haven't tried it yet. It's specifically for importing data from XML files to SQL Server. They also have XMLNotepad for editing XML files. Not bad looking, but I'm new to XML files in general so I don't know how well it will work yet...
I hope this is helpful.