404 Error doesn't redirect you to error404.aspx

May 6, 2011 at 11:29 AM

For some reason when I enter an invalid URL I am redirected to login.aspx as opposed to the error404.aspx page. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

May 9, 2011 at 9:22 AM

Any thoughts would be much appreciated, as this issue is causing some confusion to users.

May 10, 2011 at 2:27 AM
Edited Oct 24, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Can you give an example of a working URL that is causing the problem so I can look at it?

Java Blog

May 10, 2011 at 8:58 AM

Thanks for you response, however, my BE site is currently in development so I can't provide an external URL, sorry not very helpful I know. It seems though that no incorrect URL is dealt with appropriately as mentioned before, instead of the error404 page redirect users are taken the log in page.

May 10, 2011 at 10:42 AM

After further testing it seems that trying to access the error404.aspx page manually also redirects me to the log in page, although error.aspx works fine when navigated to manually and also correctly when there is a server error.

May 17, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Bump..... Any idea why I can't access the error404.aspx and BE redirects me to the login page?

May 18, 2011 at 9:29 AM

Is your site still in development? Is it on a local computer or a local server?

If on computer try using a fresh set of BE.   Redownload BE and start with a fresh website.   This will ultimatly fix the problem.

Then integrate what you have with the new fresh version of BE.

Some times the code just doesn't work for some reason download bad, accident deleted a file etc.

Might be better to start off new.

May 18, 2011 at 9:55 AM

My site is on a local development server!

Unfortunately BE is fairly integrated within my site so a fresh BE installation is not really an option. I will try replacing some associated files.