BlogEngine.Net Gallery

Topics: Controls
May 11, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Hi folks,

I packaged up an extension in nupkg format, checked this offline by renaming to a zip and looking at the contents and it seemed fine.

I tried to upload the .nupkg to the gallery and at each step of the submission process it appeared to work, but nothing shows on the gallery.

Do uploads have to await approval or have I overlooked something... hope I haven't broke anything, I tried a couple of times using different package ID's.

May 12, 2011 at 3:56 AM

I tested uploading an extension myself, but don't see it.  I don't think approval is required.

Do you know what version NuGet package you created?  I remember reading here, that is not yet compatible with the newer v1.2 packages.  That could be one potential reason.

Maybe Ruslan will chime in, since he's the lead on this.

May 12, 2011 at 3:58 AM

I can see your extension in the feed and install it from VS, problem is web gallery not displaying it. Gallery uses Lucene to search and index content, looks like this library started throwing error out of blue and feed stopped to sync to website. What you did is fine, I'll try to fix this sync issue tomorrow. 

May 12, 2011 at 8:34 AM

Thanks for your response, it was the latest available command line version of NuGet. I hadn't noticed the post on the Theme Packer and consequently missed the point about possible compatibility issues with newer NuGet packages.

If you manage to get the sync problem sorted, you might want to delete the earlier upload, the package YouTube-Vimeo-Player is better. I know it might appear to be more of the same but combined with the tinyMCE plug-in, it really does make life easier when adding these videos.

May 13, 2011 at 3:02 AM

Quick fix did not work, will use it as excuse to upgrade to new version this weekend.

May 13, 2011 at 5:06 AM

I am also waiting to upload few things :)

May 13, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Thanks Ruslan, you're a decent spud,

Once that's done I'll upload a fresh copy, some minor changes this end.

May 14, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Nice to see the gallery uploads working, I notice there have been a couple of downloads on the YouTube-Vimeo-Viewer, this is an older version that has now been updated.

The updated version fixes one or two minor flaws and adds thumbnails (thanks Jitendra) and thanks also to JM Alarcon for his inspiring video extensions, you can view the revised version here.

It's worth a look, currently you can mix YouTube and Vimeo videos seamlessly, the plan is to add more formats and features, it's certainly usable now and with tinyMCE visual integration it's a breeze to work with.

I am revising the instructions now and will upload the revised package within the hour, give it a try.

May 14, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Awesome, let me know if any issues.

May 15, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Thanks again Ruslan, 

Immediately after posting here last night my internet connection went down and still is, using a mobile dongle at present.

I have just this minute replaced the old file with the new one and everything went swimmingly, but there does appear to be something not quite right with the visual layout on the gallery... could just be this dongle.

May 15, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Update, wasn't quite sure about including a video description to accompany videos, but have made a first stab at it nonetheless.

You can see it on the test page, it requires styling but works for both YouTube and Vimeo videos.

Show descriptions could be made optional in the extension settings, when I am happy that everything is OK I will upload the revised version.

If anyone has any other ideas, feel free to chip in.

May 16, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Now it looks cool. Finish it with description then it will be a complete video gallery. 

And thanks for giving me credit :)