Not loading Style sheets?

Topics: Themes
May 14, 2011 at 3:26 PM
Edited May 14, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Hi all :-)

I've just uploaded a new BlogEngine site to my hosting server. This is really weird and I'm hoping someone can help point me in the right direction. I've uploaded ALL files from my LocalHost to my hosting service. I can verify that the style sheets are there, but when I try to go to the live website, it does not show any style sheets associated with the website. This is very odd! I've checked that the Masterpage has the correct references in it and I've re-uploaded the style sheets and in fact the entire theme directory, but still, my live site does not show any style sheets associated with it! the URL is The odd thing is that it's ONLY the home page that is not working! if you go to the website and click on the Apple directory, it comes up like it's supposed to look, but as soon as you go to the home page - it doesn't display. What am I missing? If I go to my dashboard and view my settings and preview the theme I have selected, it comes up just fine - but the moment I go to the home page, it does NOT work! Please - can anyone tell me what I am missing?  Thanks in advance.

May 14, 2011 at 6:43 PM

Both, the css and the js handlers throw 404 on your site. It seems that your handlers doesn't work.

May 14, 2011 at 9:27 PM
Edited Oct 24, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Reload the web.config  file.  That some times works for me.   This has happen to me couple of times,  some how the web.config file gets changed

then the handlers don't work any more.  Ftp the original web.config to your server again.

That should work.  IF not restart the app pool by  ftping the  blogengine.dll file from local to server that will restart the app pool and it should

work now.

Java Blog

May 15, 2011 at 12:37 PM

Thanks KB - that did the trick (for me) I re-uploaded the web.config and it seems to work fine now. Please let me know if it isn't resolving for you. Now - back to work on it -so many touch-pad pc's to review and add to the site!

May 15, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Glad I could help :)

Seems to be working fine over here :)