using [more]

Apr 14, 2008 at 6:55 AM
Hello,

I am trying to use the feature more to break long posts, but for some reason this is not working for me. When I add the more to the cut point nothing occurs... no cut point and no link to the complete post - just the more appears in the post. I have read in previous posts that others are using this feature, and I would certainly like to break long posts with this method. Any thoughts or suggestions on what may be causing this issue for me would be appreciated... I use live writer for my posts...

Many thanks...

Coordinator
Apr 14, 2008 at 8:38 PM
You need to put "more" in the square brackets [more] and make sure that your editor doesn't do anything funny with it by switching to HTML mode. Also, make sure extension BreakPost is present and available by going to "extensions" tab in the admin and looking in the list (it should be by default...)
Apr 15, 2008 at 5:38 AM

rtur wrote:
You need to put "more" in the square brackets [more] and make sure that your editor doesn't do anything funny with it by switching to HTML mode. Also, make sure extension BreakPost is present and available by going to "extensions" tab in the admin and looking in the list (it should be by default...)

Thanks for the reply... I am placing the more within the brackets...the BreakPost extensions are active and in the admin folder (I have even deleted and re-loaded the entire extension folder just to make sure nothing was lost in the upload)... As far as I can determine, the other extensions are working fine (except for the earlier Silverlight problem I asked about in an earlier posting). When inserting the more with brackets, I have tried the following... Both inside and outside the <p>... In HTML mode and not in HTML mode... The results are all the same...

Any other thoughts, suggestions, or ideas on other fixes would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks for offering the help...
Apr 15, 2008 at 5:47 AM
Edited Apr 15, 2008 at 5:47 AM
Ok... I'm feeling a bit red-faced... I did try again to just insert more with brackets using the blog editor and not in HTML mode...and...well...it did work! Sorry about that, but perhaps my ignorance will help someone else...