Removing " Name of the Blog", setting name of my blog

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer, Controls, Themes
May 27, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Hi People,

I need help in finding where in the BlogEngine.NET project I can set the name of my own blog by replacing the " Name of the Blog" as it is set on default version of the blog.

Best regards,

May 27, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Log into your blog using admin account. Then you should have "Administration" widget visible. Click on "Settings" option and there you will see all configuration entries you can manage. Name of the blog is one of those entries.

May 27, 2011 at 10:00 AM

Ok:) It helped, thanks!

Althought I work on the source code version, for developers, I would like to set the name of the blog programmatically.

In which file and where I can perform this setting?

May 27, 2011 at 10:32 AM

What exactly you want to accomplish by changing the name programmatically? There may be some other solution that you can use depending on your needs. For example if you want to control display of header for your blog then it is as simple as making the change in skin. Name of the blog is one of the properties in BlogSettings object.

May 27, 2011 at 11:03 AM

I found the Name property of BlogSettings in the file BlogSettings.cs and it is ok.

What I want to know is where the actual name is stored, in which .xml file?

I still did not create/connect to any database in order to store my data, so I guess the the storage is placed in some xml file?

May 27, 2011 at 11:35 AM

If you are using default Xml provider, then the files are under "App_Data" folder. There you will find "Settings.xml" file.