LogIn Not Working Using SQLServer

Topics: Business Logic Layer
May 30, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Really interested in using multi-blog functionality. Just downloaded version, tested and it works fine using XML. Converted to use SQLServer and the LogIn does not do anything. It does not show any error, but does not allow access to admin pages. It accepts the LogIn but does not do anything. Created SQLServer database using the 2.5 script and also tried the 2.0 with upgrade to 2.5. Same problem. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks. José Carlos

May 30, 2011 at 10:26 PM

The web.config file in the SQLServer folder needs to be updated for multiple blogs.

I would suggest using the web.config file in the root folder which is ready to be used with multiple blogs.  The only changes needed to be made to that root folder web.config file is to change the default providers to DbBlogProvider, DbMembershipProvider and DbRoleProvider.  And then add in your connection string.  If you find any problems with multiple blogs, please let us know ... your feedback is appreciated.

May 31, 2011 at 12:43 AM

Ben, Great! It worked... Thanks a lot. As I test multiblog functionality I will let you know...