Customizing PrettyPhoto extension?

Topics: Controls
Jun 1, 2011 at 9:35 PM

I have tried to make PrettyPhoto2 work in IE, but no luck. I have spent many hours trying various fixes, etc. Since there is a newer version of PrettyPhoto, will there be an updated PP extension? Would that make it work in IE?

Thank you to all for the hard work.

Jun 2, 2011 at 7:23 AM
Edited Jun 2, 2011 at 7:26 AM

I'm hoping that the blogEngine guys will build the PrettyPhoto type of functionality into the next version of BE (due for release this month), configured up and ready to go out of the box. 

BE, although brilliant (not least because of its low cost), will not become the blog engine of choice unless they improve the user interface and add pretty features.  It's unbelievably complicated, for example, to get the PrettyPhoto type of functionality to work - unless you're a competent programmer.  

I've flipped between blog engines, but decided to persevere with BE because I could customise it how I wanted. It was only after spending DAYS of effort improving the user interface that I could make it bearable and bring it somewhere close to the competitors.  I cursed it endlessly because of the poor UI and difficulty in adding pop-up photos to - but now I am happy.

What aspects of PrettyPhoto do you want?  If you're using BE2.0 and simply want an enlarged photo to pop up prettily when you click on it in your posts, then I would be happy to share my efforts - but without any warranty whatsoever (I don't have time to offer support!).  It took me days to work out how to add automatic pop-up photos which can be sized, aligned and captioned.

If you want something more complex, though, then you're on your own!

Aug 5, 2011 at 8:20 PM

I too have spent much time trying to get prettyphoto to work from within a blogger's post. It works in a standalone page of course, but that seems to be it for me. How did you do it. Thank you.