Show Categories and Sub Categories as Tree

Topics: Controls
Jun 6, 2011 at 9:35 PM

Hi Folks,

Have adapted the BE category control to order categories and sub categories as nested lists.

The obvious benefit is that you get a visual representation of your category structure, example here

This control is not dissimilar to what Raisr has done with categories in his ChannelPro theme.

You can choose whether or not to show RSS icons, it's optional, as are post counts.

I only need to use it as a control, but if it's of interest to anyone I'll make a widget.

Jun 6, 2011 at 11:33 PM
Edited Oct 24, 2011 at 7:54 PM

I am interested in the widget version of this :)

Thanks,

Brian Davis

Java Blog

Jun 7, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Hi Brian,

I've sent you the widget using the contact form on your site.

As a side note, I initially tried to send the zip whilst using Chrome but the required message field was for some reason disabled, yet it appears to be fine in other browsers.

Might just be some quirk my end, but probably worth looking at.

Cheers :)

Jun 7, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Thanks for the Widget and heads up about the contact form.

Coordinator
Jun 7, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Andy, if you don't mind send it to me and I'll put it up on the gallery site so others can use it too. More the merrier :)

Jun 7, 2011 at 4:02 PM

Ruslan,

Happy to do so, choice is good. (I'll package it up later)

I have a widget for displaying tag groups by letter, I was thinking of adding a group count to this, anyways, it might be useful to some folks as well (not tested in languages other than English, although I think it should work in most cases).

I also have a couple of controls that may be of benefit, if you are accepting controls, what section of the gallery would these go into?

Cheers :)

Coordinator
Jun 7, 2011 at 6:05 PM

I would treat controls as widgets for now. We can add category if needed later.