dont work

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Jun 9, 2011 at 1:05 PM

We are severel IT ingeneres that cant get the program to work

1) We downlode BlogEngine.Web

2) We use Framework 4

3) We use MS expression Web4

4) We use local machine (later uplote to host)

We want to store data in standard for the program XML but we get the failure from Config.sys

Linje 19:   <BlogEngine>
Linje 20:     <blogProvider defaultProvider="XmlBlogProvider">
Linje 21:       <providers>
Linje 22:         <add name="XmlBlogProvider" type="BlogEngine.Core.Providers.XmlBlogProvider, BlogEngine.Core"/>

Watt do we do

Jun 9, 2011 at 1:14 PM

Maybe your problem is MS Expression Web4? Try it on plain old IIS. It works fine in IIS 6 or 7/7.5.

Jun 9, 2011 at 2:42 PM

Sorry we cant use IIS.

MS has Expression WEB 4 as the top program for .net

If dont work in WEB 4 it is a big failure and we must use WordPress insted

Before we give up are there other that use Expression WEB 4 that have a solution

Jun 9, 2011 at 3:42 PM

I don't know if it won't work or not on Web4, just speculation as I've never messed around with it. I've used IIS for BE exclusively. Why can't you use IIS? Are you on Unix boxes? I've heard that there's several people who can get it to run on a _nix box but I have no idea how they do it.

And if I'm understanding Expression Web4 correctly, it's just a programming package (like Visual Studio). Any web apps created on it would still need to run on IIS as that's MS's bread and butter when it comes to hosting. If I'm incorrect please shed some light my way. I'm just trying to get a better understanding of Expression Web4.

Jun 10, 2011 at 1:25 AM

Whar error message are you getting?