I'm not using a database for my site; my understanding is everything is saved as XML files on the webserver. I've had a few problems where I couldn't do what I wanted to do through the Admin UI so I've modified the .XML file directly.
I've seen very, very odd behavior. I know that's not a supported/recommended thing to do; but I'm wondering if someone can tell me why it happens. For example; I had a Textbox widget but I wanted to put HTML in it. The code I pasted in
was modified by the widget and rended it non-functional. I found the .XML file the widget created and I edited it directly and it worked great. But then, after I'd visted the page a few times, I made another change to the .XML file and that change
was not reflected in the site when I visited it. It's almost like it was cached or copied. There was only one XML file so I'm confident it was the correct one.
I've had a similar problem modifying the HTML in a 'page'.
Is there another place I need to edit or check or something I need to reset. I'm not really sure how I've resolved these, it seems to resynch itself after a while and then it works. But it's confusing and weird.