New BE versions coming soon?

Jun 17, 2011 at 2:48 AM

Hi all

There has been some discussion about an updated release of BE in mid-June which would support multi-blogs. How close are we to this release date?

Jun 17, 2011 at 6:12 AM

We'll have a release candidate (RC) this coming Sunday or Monday, and then the final release should be the week after .... the last week of June.

Jun 17, 2011 at 2:54 PM

May you can fix the busted repo first?
Please have a look at:

Jun 18, 2011 at 12:26 AM

Hi & thanks for pointing this out.  I did see the Issue, but didn't look into it until now.  I too am unable to clone BE (I received a similar error message) and when I create a fork, it's empty.  I just submitted a support ticket to CodePlex, so that should get fixed soon.

Jun 18, 2011 at 9:19 AM

Thanks for your quick response.
Looking forward hopefully to see the RC this weekend.

Jun 18, 2011 at 1:16 PM

Thanks for this info, would ask the same question this day too ;)

Jun 20, 2011 at 6:43 AM
Edited Jun 20, 2011 at 6:43 AM

The 2.5 Release Candidate is available for download.

BlogEngine.NET 2.5 RC

Some information on this new version is at:

BlogEngine.NET 2.5 Release Candidate is Available

Upgrading to BE 2.5 Instructions

Information on Multiple Blog support

The Mercurial source code repository is still not working.  I anticipate it'll be fixed sometime on Monday.  The source code on the Source Code tab is not the latest, and I don't even think the download is working properly (the ZIP you download doesn't contain most of the files).  The latest source code files are available in the Source Code package.  Once the CodePlex Mercurial repository is working again, I'll merge the latest code into it.

The final release should be around Monday or Tuesday of next week (27th, 28th).

Jun 20, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Hello Everyone,

In order to ease your testing for RC, BloggersOnline has uploaded the 2.5 RC to following URL. 

RC Demo URL -

Credentials - admin / admin  (Note: Please don’t change the user name and password else we will have to block it out and people who really want to test it will suffer.)

BloggersOnline has deployed it for everyone so anyone can test it with out coping the whole code and build it on local. Just start playing with it and be confortable with the new RC 2.5 version.

So test it more and report issues. Follow this link to read more.

Jun 20, 2011 at 6:20 PM
Edited Jun 20, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Wow, thanks for the demo guys!

Jun 20, 2011 at 8:32 PM

Repo still busted, can't contribute translations :'(

Jun 20, 2011 at 9:17 PM
Edited Jun 20, 2011 at 9:18 PM
mckay wrote:

Repo still busted, can't contribute translations :'(

Email resource file to me or Ben and we'll add it to the source before final release.

Jun 21, 2011 at 2:06 AM

The repository is fixed now.  Thanks.