SEO: Yahoo have trouble indexing blogengine 2.0?

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Jul 7, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Hi all,

I think this is a odd question but it is a serious question that I want to ask. I have few website built with BlogEngine 2.0, I've also done heaps of SEO, backlinks, make the website SEO friendly etc. I rank #1 on Google for a particular keywords but ranked very very poorly on yahoo.  (Ranking on google/bing are fine)

(My website is in Chinese and I heard Chinese part of the search has not migrated to bing yet,I can't confirm this but this seems to be true). When I checked the yahoo index using, I can see only few pages get index after 9 months. I have my sitemap submitted to all Google/yahoo/bing and doubled checked the robot.txt is fine.

I start to think that it might be the problem of BlogEngine script/structure that confuse yahoo bot. The reason I say that because I have migrate all my content from weebly to blogengine on the same url and weebly rank high on yahoo. After migrating to blogengine, my site never get good index and never get good ranking as it used to be.

I know this is very hard to prove but I do follow every single white hat seo techniques but still no positive result on yahoo (Chinese).

Anyone have similar issue ? Or could anyone offer me help ?

Jul 7, 2011 at 3:10 PM

There are lots of complains about search engines "discriminating" certain sites for unknown reasons. It all depends on algorithms engines use to rank content. Most often punished authors who publish articles on several sites - some search engines think second site with same or very similar content is a spam site collecting back links and downgrade it. If you migrated your content, could be that Yahoo thinks that former site is a real deal and new one is an evil clone. Just a speculation on my part, obviously, but I seriously doubt BE structure is so hard for Yahoo to crack.

Jul 7, 2011 at 4:06 PM

Yahoo does fine on my site. I'm ranked 1st for certain keywords there as well as Bing and Google.