Still having trouble with image upload

Topics: Controls
Jul 15, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Hi,

Sometimes I have the upload function working, now the colorbox is opening but when I click the submit button nothing happens.

Can anyone tell me what OnClientClick="colorboxDialogSubmitClicked('imageupload', 'uploadImagePanel');" Does, it seems to be the part not working for me, and I can’t find any other reference to it in all the other files.

Cheers,

Mike.

Coordinator
Jul 15, 2011 at 11:19 AM

That's there because Colorbox (the overlay window) takes the upload controls and buttons outside the <form> tag and when you try to Save the image, nothing happens since the submit button needs to be inside the <form> tag.  That code moves the submit button and upload controls back into the <form> tag so the submission to the server works.

I would check to see if any JavaScript errors are occurring.  If you have Firefox for example, you can open up the Error Console (Ctrl-Shift-J), then go thru the image upload process and see if any JavaScript errors appear.

Jul 16, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Love your work BanAmada,

That was it, I had no reference to admin.js so colorboxDialogSubmitClicked was un defined. That’s a pretty cool tool that FF has, that I didn’t know about. Kind of funny when I did a search on how to open it though, everyone was trying to work out how to stop it opening…lol. There is a big difference in preferences between developers and the average web browser.

Now I have to work out why Tiny MCE is not working in FF or Chrome, which I just noticed while fixing the above issue and I think I’m good to go with this site.

Thanks,

Mike.

Sent: Friday, July 15, 2011 8:20 PM
To: mike@fnesse.com
Subject: Re: Still having trouble with image upload [blogengine:265283]

That's there because Colorbox (the overlay window) takes the upload controls and buttons outside the <form> tag and when you try to Save the image, nothing happens since the submit button needs to be inside the <form> tag. That code moves the submit button and upload controls back into the <form> tag so the submission to the server works.

I would check to see if any JavaScript errors are occurring. If you have Firefox for example, you can open up the Error Console (Ctrl-Shift-J), then go thru the image upload process and see if any JavaScript errors appear.