Attaching files problem

Jul 30, 2011 at 8:38 PM

I have the latest build of the BE blog in a virtual directory under my main website.  I can "Attach a file" to the posts under either the XML provider or the new SQL provider successfully.  A link is inserted into the blog post text. When clicking on the link, though, I get thrown to a 404 error. It's not even the custom 404 page, but the "Oops this link is broken page." This happens for both SQL and XML.

On my development machine, debugging the blog, everything works.  I also recreated a website on my development machine and put the blog in a virtual folder and found that it looks like the file handler code is not handling the extra folder names correctly. I've tried writing diagnostic code in the file handlers that write messages to a log file, but it only writes a message when the file handler sees the file for the first time. I have not been able to get the code on the server to write any diagnostic messages coming from the file handlers when the attachment links are links are click on the post.

Anyway, it seems to have something to do with putting it in a virtual directory under another website.

Any ideas on how to figure out what's going on exactly?