Unable to cast object of type 'ASP.widgets_administration_widget_ascx' to type 'App_Code.Controls.WidgetBase'.

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls
Aug 3, 2011 at 3:13 AM
Edited Aug 3, 2011 at 3:13 AM

Hey Everyone,

I recently upgraded my instance of blogengine.net and I'm seeing the following error:

Widget Administration not found.

Unable to cast object of type 'ASP.widgets_administration_widget_ascx' to type 'App_Code.Controls.WidgetBase'.

I've been looking around and it seems that other folks that are having the "widget administration not found" problem have a different error.  Based on a google search it seems to be a fairly common issue but I can't find any solutions.  I'm running this instance on IIS7.  Here is an example of the number of folks running into this:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Unable+to+cast+object+of+type+'ASP.widgets_administration_widget_ascx'+to+type+'App_Code.Controls.WidgetBase'.

Like I said, it seems to be fairly common issue.  Anyone have any ideas what causes this?  If not, is there a way I can hide the login widget?  Thanks for any help you can provide!

Sep 19, 2011 at 2:04 AM

Has anyone else seen this error and come up with a resolution?

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Any resolution to this? If you search for the phrase, there are a ton of sites showing this problem.