BE 2.5 - Problem with CSS, no images...

Topics: Themes
Aug 4, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Hello, i have deployed my Blogs to a new Hosting Server. On the Server i installed all correctly, but when i call my page all the images from my Theme directory can´t be displayed. The blogs and themes works always correct, but now on the new server i get these errors.

When i call the login page:  URL/Account/Login.aspx  has no CSS styling. Any reference problems?

Any idea, some special options?

Aug 4, 2011 at 11:19 PM
Edited Oct 24, 2011 at 7:50 PM

Look at this post:

http://blogengine.codeplex.com/discussions/266841

Try reuploading the Web.Config file make sure that it was not changed.   Might be 13kb when it needs to be 17kb check

the file size.

Try restarting the app pool

Do a right click on the image and click --->View image

Look at the path make sure its the right path.

More likely its an folder path related issue.

Pointing some where it should not be pointing.

If you can post the link here to the live server that would help.

Would be able to look at the image paths to see whats going on.

Have a great day!!

Brian Davis

Java Blog

Aug 5, 2011 at 10:29 AM
Edited Aug 5, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Hello, i tried to replace the Web.config, but the problem also exists. My last effort was to upload a Clean BE2.5 Web (no source), set IIS to the new directory, AppPool 4.0, Standard Settings and Theme.

The page apears, but the images of the RSS Feed are not displayed. Also the problem with the login.aspx page and Administration pages has no styling. Could it be, that some missing IIS Settings, or any specific options are not set?

The default Web.Config has 17KB.

Aug 5, 2011 at 11:20 AM

So, i have the solution. On my Webserver in the IIS Manager, i haven´t installed the MIME-Typ Feature. The Webserver couldn´t process any media files, like png, css, .. You have to install in the Roles for Webserver the "Static Content" Feature, after that the MIME-Typ Feature also listed in IIS Manager and after refresh the website, all images loads :-)

Aug 5, 2011 at 9:01 PM

So its working now :)

Aug 5, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Yes its working now !! :-)