Double posting issue with Windows Live Writer

Apr 29, 2008 at 2:20 PM
Edited Apr 29, 2008 at 2:27 PM
I recently tried Windows Live Writer to create and post my blogs and whenever I do the post is always double posted. To fix this I jump out to my BlogEngine site and simply delete one of the post. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Also, I tried one of the file upload add-ins for Windows Live Writer and when I try to post while uploading a file via this plugin Windows Live Writer reports the post and upload complete but there in no sign of the post nor the uploaded file on my blog site. Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks,

Johnny, http://www.johnnycantcode.com

Apr 30, 2008 at 7:21 PM
I have witnessed this error as well. I am using the SQL provider. I deleted the double post via the Delete link and only a single post was left, however, I looked at the Post table and saw that the post was gone from the database. I did not see the state of the database before I deleted, so I am going to assume that there was only one post and the internal static posts collection had two for some reason. When I recycled the process, the bogus post was removed when it re-read the data store.

Another interesting thing is that now I cannot publish that article from Windows Live Writer. I get an object reference not set to an instance of an object error. I'm gonna hafta install VStudio on my server to see what's going on.
May 1, 2008 at 3:07 AM
I have experienced this on several installations of the blog engine. I have noticed that if the application instance is restarted the double post disappears. The post isn't actually saved to disk/db twice.
May 12, 2008 at 7:19 PM
I see the same thing all the time.  In fact, if you just leave it alone it will go away in a few minutes.  Or, at least it does with the default xml data provider.
Sep 16, 2008 at 10:35 PM
Edited Sep 16, 2008 at 10:36 PM
This bug has come home to roost. It (a double post) is currently showing live on the BlogEngine.net front page (as of 09/16/2008, 14:35 MST).
Sep 17, 2008 at 4:21 AM
Funny, that bug tags me on one of my BE.NET development sites (but not other BE.NET dev sites or production.)  The site that doubles-up is a very old server with the system clock running fast, so it may be related to the WebResources.axd system time issue.  A site app restart (touching the web.config) does the job for me.

Regards,
Dave

Jan 12, 2010 at 2:52 PM

Same issue here