Separate page - example please?

Topics: Controls, Themes
Aug 23, 2011 at 9:28 PM

Could someone please give me an example of how to do this?

I want to create a page (not using BE), but using visual studio and incorporate the same basic look and feel as the theme I'm using (Standard), but WITHOUT the widget zone. Basically I want to keep the same header, menu, footer, but I need the body section of the  page to span the entire width of the page.

I'm not sure how to go about this? I looked at the site.master and also at the default.aspx code - but of course BE has so much going on behind the scenes which i don't understand.

The reason i want to do this, is to place a sales pitch page for a product on this new custom page, and I don't need the visitor getting distracted, clicking off to Facebook or looking up past blog articles, etc. But at the same time I'd like to keep the same look, without the distractions.

Any help is much appreciated.

Oct 25, 2011 at 8:24 PM
Edited Oct 25, 2011 at 8:38 PM

You can turn off the widget zone with code behind in the site.master.cs  file

Like this:

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        var url = Request.Url.ToString();
        if (url.Contains("pagename.aspx"))

WidgetZone.Visible = false;

WidgetZone.ZoneName = "be_WIDGET_ZONE";

So where "pagename.aspx" is at put the page that you want the widgets to go away at there.

Doing this will take all of the widgets that are in the WidgetZone out by not displaying them at all.

Also if you need need the entire column on the right to go away completely

You need to take out the:

<div id="sidepanel"> in the site.master.aspx  page.

Now you need to code the css of the WidgetZone to match that of the "sidepanel".

This way when you add it back in it has the same position as it would with the sidepanel.

Other adjustments might need to be made also.

Hope this helps,

Brian Davis

Java Blog