Modify Newsletter widget to point to a different URL in email?

Sep 22, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Hi all,

I see that by subscribing to the newsletter generates an email to the requested person. Great, not a problem. Except that the actual URL for blogengine is different ahn what I want the user to be taken to.

Essentially I am displaying the Blogengine site in an iframe on a page. So rather than have the newsletter link directly to the blogengine site that is being displayed inside the iframe, I'd like them to be directed to the page that has the iframe that displays the blogengine site. Hope this makes sense:)

Is this possible?

Sep 22, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Alternately, rather than have the newsletter link to the site, is it possible to simply notify the user that a new post has been added?

Sep 23, 2011 at 11:31 AM

OK I got it to work but it has caused a problem.

I modified the standard widget.ascx and the newsletter.html, no problem. But now the newsletter is being delivered 7 times to every email address on the list and there are only 2 addresses on the list. Why would this be?

Sep 23, 2011 at 3:17 PM

It seems like everytime I modify the widgets/Newsletter/widget.ascx.cs file, an additional email gets generated. I made a change to the code and now it's up to 8 emails.

Oct 18, 2011 at 12:46 PM

Oct 19, 2011 at 12:22 AM

Can you recycle your Application Pool in IIS? I wonder if it's creating a new message with each edit and caching it in memory?