Convert BlogEngine to Web Application

May 8, 2008 at 11:50 PM
I am attempting to convert BlogEngine to a Web Application from a Web Site. Is this possible? Has anyone tried to do this?
May 10, 2008 at 8:22 AM
I never convert the binary one. I was thought that The BlogEngine Source is a Web Application Project? Correct me if I am wrong.
Jun 17, 2008 at 8:46 AM
no man the source is a website not web application project
i also want to convert BlogEngine site to web application
give info here if anybody find any solution

Jun 17, 2008 at 3:55 PM
I am trying to do this at the moment too.  ASP.NET Web Applications are far better than ASP.NET Web Sites!

Please post your progress here and I'll do the same, hopefully I'll have done it over the next few days/weeks if I get the time - if none of you beat me to it.
Jun 18, 2008 at 2:37 AM
My smallfork of BE.N called multilangblogengine is a web application project (not web site). In doing the conversion, I move out all code in App_Data folder into a new library project. This decision gives me separation of responsibility (UI and domain objects) into separate projects that can be tested separately. This decision also make it possible to implement BE.N extension as an assembly that is referenced runtime.

Regards,
Agus Suhanto
Jun 18, 2008 at 3:00 AM
I think it's possible to convert BlogEngine to Web Application if your site rarely update such as controls and or extentions. You must upload assembly rather than C# codes.
Jun 18, 2008 at 6:42 AM
That's better. It's more suitable to 'compiled' nature of ASP.NET web app. Every extension provider can package its own assembly and published it somewhere in the web where everyone else can download and plug in to BE.N installation.

Regards,
Agus Suhanto