where did my users go: upgrading...

May 9, 2008 at 4:06 PM
Ok, I've a couple of BE installations, one SQL and the other XML based. Both have been with is since 1.0 and have been upgraded to 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and now 1.3.1.0 because I couldn't find the patch.

I usually have hassles with "application pools", but just changing those around until everything works seems to fix those.

One thing I've noticed though is that with my SQL installation I lose all the users when I upgrade. Yes I've watched the videos, although to be honest a simple list of instructions would be easier to follow. Yes, I've contributed to the wiki. So anyway, all the users go away and I have the default admin user. So I go and find the users.xml file and take the data from there and type it back into the admin screen, and then the world is ok and my users are once more happy. In fact for 1.3.1.0 I can change their passwords whilst I'm at it.

But what am I doing wrong here - surely that's not how it's supposed to work on upgrade? I stress that this is only an issue for the SQL based blog; the other one works fine.