Error changing theme - Blog Engine.NET - Brazil

Topics: Themes
Oct 4, 2011 at 3:19 AM

Good Night


 I'm trying a big problem that I can not solve.

 Web server installed in the new release of BlogEngine.NET 2.5 where seemingly everything is running fine, unless the option to change "themes."

 When will the option Settings> Themes

 This error appearing below:

 "The page you are looking for could not be found. Try looking for it in the address bar above."

 address this assim.....www.xxxx. / admin / settings / Themes.cshtml

 Themes.cshtml this file there.

 

 What can I do?

 

 Regards,
 Augusto - Brazil

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2011 at 1:09 PM

Does the Dashboard and the Extensions pages in the control panel work?  These pages and the Themes page are Razor pages.  So I'm wondering if it's a problem with Razor.

You might also want to see this thread.  In that thread, it was discussed that file permissions needs to be added on the "themes" folder.  This is because themes.cshtml writes some file(s) to that directory.

Oct 10, 2011 at 12:19 AM
Edited Oct 10, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Good night ..


  Thanks for the feedback and apologize for the delay of the return.
  The error happens on my site.

  On my computer operate normally.


  The rest of Blog 2.5 is normal. Only the part of themes that are experiencing this problem.
  Please, any idea how to solve it I wonder if that's the problem with my ISP or if I should make a change in some file.

  Hug,
Augusto

Coordinator
Oct 10, 2011 at 12:14 PM

If the Dashboard and Extensions pages in the control panel are working ... and it's just the Themes page, then if you haven't already, I would try adding Write/Modify folder permissions to the "themes" folder.  The error could be related to folder permissions being needed on that folder.

The other thing you could try (it may not help), is when you are getting an error, try changing the URL in the address bar, by removing the .CSHTML ... so the URL ends like: /admin/Settings/Themes

Oct 10, 2011 at 6:59 PM

Ben,

 Thanks for the feedback.
 It worked when I left settings / themes.
 Get access to themes by default that the Blogenginner and apparently worked well.

 Now, several others have themes as an example ArthemiaPRo2.0, it does not load.
 ArthemiaPro folder has two files..

 ArthemiaPro.nuspec
 [Content_Types]. Xml

 To change themes there something else that should do?
 I put the folder inside the folder  BlogEngine \ themes.

Hug,
Augusto,

Coordinator
Oct 11, 2011 at 1:06 PM

If you downloaded ArthmeiaPro, after you unzip it, there is a "content" folder.  Within that is a "themes" subfolder, and within that is a "ArthemiaPro" subfolder.  The "ArthemiaPro" folder should be moved under the "themes" folder in your blog.

Another file that looks necessary is "Twitter.cs" in the content -> App_Code -> Controls folder.  This Twitter.cs file should be moved under App_Code -> Controls in your blog.  The other file "SearchBox.cs", I would ignore this one since there is already a SearchBox.cs in BlogEngine under App_Code -> Controls ...... or you could try replacing the SearchBox.cs in your blog with the SearchBox.cs that is included in the ArthemiaPro package.

Oct 11, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Ben,

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT FOR THIS EVENT.

About the errors HAD to be active in my ASP.net WindCard provider.
to be done, the errors are gone .....

About the models was copying, but lacked install.
I did this on the Settings tab> Themes download>> Gallery.
La chose the theme I wanted and installed. So I Went back to the themes settings> and select what is installed.

Thank you and anteção and help.
hug

Augusto