Installing Package From Gallery Error

Topics: Themes
Oct 6, 2011 at 3:47 PM
Edited Oct 24, 2011 at 6:31 PM

Getting this error when trying to install a theme from the gallery:

The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

I get the error for the following themes:

Boldy

Interlude

Imprezz  <--- I am testing out how to upload themes.

The rest on the first page of the "Newest"  are ok just these 3 are having the error.

For themes can you pack app_data/widgets  <--- ?

I have the widgets automatically set up to look correctly with out having to maualy set them up.

Java Blog

Oct 6, 2011 at 7:17 PM

Figure it out. 

The App_Data  folder is causing the problem.

With the full path it becomes more than 250 chars.

So how do I add the widgets data with the theme?

I want users to install and go.

Not have to set up the widgets themselves.

Coordinator
Oct 6, 2011 at 7:47 PM

You probably running application from location with very long path. For example, I installed Imprezz with no issues and longest file added was 106 characters long:

D:\Projects\hg\be-test\BlogEngine\BlogEngine.NET\App_Data\widgets\ca6ca304-2d2e-4af6-bbf1-8338936aad23.xml

File path limit depends on OS, not much we can change here :)

Oct 6, 2011 at 8:06 PM

Whats the best way to pack it for Widget Data?

I want users to beable to install the theme and have all of the widgets thats needed configure for them so they don't have to do it manualy

themselves.

So rtur you have windows Vista then?

I am using Windows 7 64 bit version

Oct 6, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Also how do I delete my test uploads?

http://blogengine.codeplex.com/discussions/275019

Been trying to figure out NuGet and got it working, just need to delete my test uploads.

Coordinator
Oct 6, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Nope, same win 7 64 bit.

I don't see your themes in the gallery anymore, so I think you did delete those test packages.

Gallery updates from the feed every few minutes, and BE also caches list it pulls from the gallery for I believe 10 minutes for efficiency. Sometimes you need give it a little time to sync.

Coordinator
Oct 6, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Spoken too fast, I do see them in the feed but looks like they gone from gallery front-end, so I'm guessing delete failed on the back-end. I'll take a look at it tonight or over weekend.