to run from VS2008

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Oct 12, 2011 at 7:59 PM
Edited Oct 12, 2011 at 8:08 PM

Hi All,

Can someone please refer me to a tutorial/screencast of how to install a BE.net2.5 blogsite on my machine and open it in VS2008? I would like to add more functionality to a site and have the blog section of the site in the background where I can call upon it if and when I need to. After adding aspx pages to the site I then want to upload the entire site to my host via ftp and have them start the app pool for App_data Folder. Is this even possible to do this?

Oct 14, 2011 at 7:00 AM

I don't think BE 2.5 will work with VS 2008. But, you may give it a try.

BE 2.5 is based on 4.0 and works easily with VS 2010. You can even get teh VS 2010 web developer express (FREE) version and work on BE 2.5 code.

I would recommend using BE 2.0 for your specific requirement of running blog as a part of parent website. BE 2.5 has some issues integrating with existing website. I have tested BE 2.5 thoroughly for same set up and could not get it running as a child of parent website. I created following threads for the issue but could not get any response:

BE 2.0 works like a charm inside a parent web site. I have also created a detailed tutorial on how to integrate BE 2.0 with exisiting website.

You can check it out here:

I hope this answers your question.

Let me know if you need more information.