Change Post's created date from UI

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer
Oct 30, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Hi, is there a way to change the post's created date from the web UI?

I want to recreate my blogengine site from 2.0 to 2.5 from clean slate using sql server ce4.0 (only couple of posts)

the problem is: post's url already indexed by google with year and date. I just want to recreate new content and change the year and date so it will match the old url:

If there is no facility to change post created date from UI, can I just simply update the created date in database directly without side effect? (create year folder manually etc)

Thanks you

Oct 30, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Try using the SEO Redirection Extension:

BlogEngine SEO Permanent Redirection From Old URL To New URL

In the settings:

Old URL:  Put the new url that BE gives you for your new content

New URL: put your old format here:

This will do a perment 301 move and will tell the search engines that it was moved and to use this URL for now on.

This way you won't lose your links.

Also there is no "Actual" folder for the year,month, or day they are all "Virtual" folders, so creating one for them won't do any good.

Also do you still have the BE 2.0 site?  Do you have a back up?

If so you can do an export of the site and then import it back.

Then you just change the content inside of the post and the URL will still be the same for the dates and etc.

Have a great day,

Brian Davis

Java Blog

Oct 31, 2011 at 12:32 PM
Edited Oct 31, 2011 at 12:34 PM

Thanks Brian,

for now I prefer not to use the plugin; I was exporting the old blog and importing to my local copy (version ) when I encountered this (invalid url) issue

I am going to try with other version + change the created date manually for this time.

Thank for the advice

Nov 24, 2011 at 7:48 AM

You can also just unpublished the post/page and then set the published date manually from Admin.

Then check publish then save.

This will change the creation date.