500.19 Error

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Nov 6, 2011 at 1:13 PM

Firstly I use Windows Hosting and Plesk Panel.

1) I download the "Blogengine 2.5 (Web)" 

2) unzip and give the 777 right to the App_Data folder.

3) On the Plesk Panel 

a. Create a new virtual directories with right ( read write browsing) and then give a new blog.

b. /blog folder is created physically also.

c. On the virtual directories properties "Allow to use parent paths" also.

4) Upload the files on /blog folder. (using FileZilla)

5) Give me error about but web.config file confugurated customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" already.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<customErrors mode="Off"/>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>

6) On the localhost on my PC, give me the 500.19 Error.

How I can fix this problem? It is a common problem or specific for me.
Nov 6, 2011 at 4:53 PM

You should change customErrors mode to "Off", and that should report the actual error details.

<customErrors mode="Off"/>
Nov 6, 2011 at 5:53 PM

thanks BenAmada,

output of error:

Server Error in '/blog' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized configuration section system.web.extensions.

Source Error: 

Line 52: 		</behaviors>
Line 53: 	</system.serviceModel>
Line 54: 	<system.web.extensions>
Line 55: 		<scripting>
Line 56: 			<webServices>

Source File: C:\Inetpub\vhosts\volkanulutas.net\httpdocs\blog\web.config    Line: 54 

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

Nov 6, 2011 at 6:10 PM

The main problem and probably the solution is that BE 2.5 requires .NET 4.0.  It looks like your website is running in a .NET 2.0 (or 3.5) application pool.  If you change the application pool to 4.0, preferably under Integrated mode (as opposed to classic mode), that should resolve this error.

Nov 6, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Thanks BenAmada, a try and will say it's working or not.

Nov 7, 2011 at 11:14 AM
Edited Nov 7, 2011 at 11:33 AM

It isnot working.

www.volkanulutas.net/blog is working on 4.0 application pool now bu give me error.

What can I do ?

Nov 7, 2011 at 6:07 PM

What error are you getting.  On your website, it looks like it's the same error as yesterday.  The bottom of the error message reports it's running ASP.NET 2.0, and not 4.0.

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

Nov 7, 2011 at 7:16 PM
Edited Nov 7, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Hosting provider said that .net 4.0 is supported by them but iis 7.0 is not. ("Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433" is only default things, server is now .net 4.0) Only iis 6.0 and earlier versions supported. So what versions can I setup ? or the BE 2.5 is working on iis 6 in a way ?

Nov 7, 2011 at 7:30 PM

On my last try also:

I setup www.volkanulutas.net BE 2.0 and get the 404 error. 

Nov 7, 2011 at 11:26 PM
Edited Nov 7, 2011 at 11:29 PM

Do you have some type of URL rewriting setup?  Or what is the homepage URL to your blog?  If I go to the following URL, I get one of those error pages we were seeing before:

Like before, if you can change the customErrors tag, that will help.

If I remove the default.aspx, then I see a 404:

It could be that default.aspx is not setup to be a "default document", or some type of URL rewriting is setup which is causing a problem.

At the top URL ( http://www.volkanulutas.net/blog/default.aspx ), even though the error details are not being shown (until you change the customErrors tag), the HTTP headers coming back from the server show that it's running as an ASP.NET 2.0 application.  But perhaps this is not the correct URL -- it might be your old application before switching to BE 2.0.

EDIT:  Actually ASP.NET 2.0 will be fine if you are running BE 2.0 .....

Nov 8, 2011 at 6:46 PM

See http://www.asp.net/learn/whitepapers/aspnet4/breaking-changes#0.1__Toc256770150

I had the same issues and moved my config section to machine.config and wrapped the rest with <location path="" inheritInChildApplications="false" > and it fixed the problem