How can people get notified when I post new content?

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls
Nov 22, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Hi - this is probably really basic, so apologies in advance for being dim. A developer has created a really nifty news/blog site for us  www.knightfrank.com/globalbriefing  but  I can't figure out how to provide a notification option that people can click on to sign up to get an email whenever new content is posted.

It's probably right in front of me, but I can't see the equivalent to Word Press's "Follow" option anywhere. I'd rather have an email-based system than RSS.

Any help greatly appreciated

A

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2011 at 3:57 PM

You can use "newsletter" widget to provide email based subscription.

Nov 23, 2011 at 4:41 AM
rtur wrote:

there is a lot to desire for that widget, where is the double opt-in, why do I unsubscribe if I fill in the same email twice? No sir, that widget is not doing the trick for me.

Nov 23, 2011 at 6:48 AM
Thanks very much. I've had the same problems and I also get an error message when I try to change the name of the widget to something more sensible. Seems a glaring omission.

Sent with Good (www.good.com)

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 04:40 AM GMT Standard Time
To: Andrew Shirley
Subject: Re: How can people get notified when I post new content? [blogengine:280382]

rtur wrote:

there is a lot to desire for that widget, where is the double opt-in, why do I unsubscribe if I fill in the same email twice? No sir, that widget is not doing the trick for me.

Read the full discussion online <http://blogengine.codeplex.com/discussions/280382#post702150> .

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed] <mailto:[email removed]?subject=[blogengine:280382]> )

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe <https://blogengine.codeplex.com/discussions/280382/unsubscribe/> on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Confidentiality and Privacy: If you have received this email in error, please notify the
sender. The e-mail and any attached files are intended only for the use of the person or
organisation to whom they are addressed. It is prohibited and may be unlawful to use copy or
disclose these documents unless authorised to do so. We may need to monitor emails we
send and receive.

Marketing advice: Except where specifically stated to the contrary, any information about
price or value contained in this email is provided purely as guidance prior to a possible
transaction. It does not constitute a formal valuation and may not be relied upon for any
purpose whatsoever other than as marketing advice.

Contract: This e-mail does not constitute any part of an offer or contract.

This e-mail is sent on behalf of Knight Frank LLP, a limited liability partnership registered
in England (registered number OC305934). Our registered office is at 55 Baker Street,
London W1U 8AN where you may look at a list of members' names.
If we use the term 'Partner' when referring to one of our representatives that person will
either be a Member or an employee.

Each entity or practice in the Knight Frank global network is a distinct and separate legal
entity. No entity or practice operating under the name Knight Frank is liable for the acts or
omissions of any other entity or practice. Neither does it act as agent for nor have any
authority (whether actual, apparent, implied or otherwise) to represent, bind or obligate in
any way any other entity or practice that operates under the name Knight Frank.

Knight Frank LLP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.