set or change javascript priority in <head>

Dec 22, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Hi guys,

I noticed also that setting an empty <title></title> tag in the <head> section of masterpage themes can be useful to SEO, because it goes almost on top; otherwise it will be before the closing </head>.

So, my question is: there is a way to setting or changing the priority (or position) of javascript file in the head section of page (or master page).

I would like to set <meta charset="utf-8"> and <title> tags at the top of <head> element to be more html5 compilants, before all javascript and css files.

Good bye!

Dec 22, 2011 at 8:07 PM

How changing order of elements in the head would make page any more or less html5 compliant? Can't find anything in html5 specs supporting this - can you point to any documents?

Dec 22, 2011 at 8:47 PM

When I try to validate the page, first of all, the validator request that charset attribute on meta element must be before the first 512 bytes.
In second case, as seen on Audits provided by Google Chrome, it could be useful for "web page performance to ensure CSS files are downloaded in parallel, always include external CSS before external JavaScript".