I had this same problem, what I did to fix it is below:
Edit post.aspx.cs from the root folder of you BE install
Find the GetNextPost function around line 76. The things I added in are in red.
private Post GetNextPost(Post post)
if (post.Next == null || post.Next.IsDeleted)
if (post.Next.IsVisible || Page.User.IsInRole("administrators") || Page.User.Identity.Name
/// Gets the prev post filtered for invisible posts.
private Post GetPrevPost(Post post)
if (post.Previous == null || post.Previous.IsDeleted)
if (post.Previous.IsVisible || Page.User.IsInRole("administrators") || Page.User.Identity.Name
/// Inits the navigation links above the post and in the HTML head section.
private void InitNavigationLinks()
Post next = GetNextPost(Post);
Post prev = GetPrevPost(Post);
if (next != null || prev != null)
if (next != null)
hlNext.NavigateUrl = next.RelativeLink;
hlNext.Text = Server.HtmlEncode(next.Title
+ " >>");
hlNext.ToolTip = Resources.labels.nextPost;
if (prev != null)
hlPrev.NavigateUrl = prev.RelativeLink;
hlPrev.Text = Server.HtmlEncode("<<
" + prev.Title);
hlPrev.ToolTip = Resources.labels.previousPost;
phPostNavigation.Visible = true;
This post is a bit old, but I figured if I was having this problem, I would think others are as well, so hopefully it'll help somebody.