Static Pages in the Navigation

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer, Controls
Jun 6, 2008 at 7:18 PM
Ok I've just set up BlogEngine1.3 and configured it to run on SQL Server.
I'm now trying to add an "About Me" page that I want to show on the main navigation along with "Home", "Archive" etc. So I have added a page in the admin section, selected "no parent" and show in list, then gone to the front page but my new page isn't showing up in the list...

How do I get it in there?

Jun 6, 2008 at 8:55 PM
Simon,
The page won't be shown on the list along with "Home", "Archive", etc, because this list must be configured manually in Site.Master of the theme you use. The page should show up in the page list that is located in the sidebar.

Regards,
Agus Suhanto

SimonMartin wrote:
Ok I've just set up BlogEngine1.3 and configured it to run on SQL Server.
I'm now trying to add an "About Me" page that I want to show on the main navigation along with "Home", "Archive" etc. So I have added a page in the admin section, selected "no parent" and show in list, then gone to the front page but my new page isn't showing up in the list...

How do I get it in there?

Coordinator
Jun 7, 2008 at 2:44 AM
You can try this page menu if you want pages show up dynamically.
Jun 7, 2008 at 2:02 PM
Edited Jun 7, 2008 at 2:02 PM
Ahhh
That explains why I couldn't see a master page in the root of the site. I was wondering how that was working. I'll have a go at making my own master page and doing a theme next.

Many thanks

suhanto wrote:
Simon,
The page won't be shown on the list along with "Home", "Archive", etc, because this list must be configured manually in Site.Master of the theme you use. The page should show up in the page list that is located in the sidebar.

Regards,
Agus Suhanto

Jun 7, 2008 at 2:04 PM
Hi rtur

That's great! Easy to use and helps me to understand how to get in and start making modifications.
Knowing that and about the master pages I should be able to get things looking just how I want.

Simon

rtur wrote:
You can try this page menu if you want pages show up dynamically.