why not use Intelligencia.UrlRewriter.dll

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Jun 17, 2008 at 10:24 AM
Edited Jun 17, 2008 at 2:57 PM
If use Intelligencia.UrlRewriter.dll, we can easily expand our own page and do not need rewrite UrlRewrite.cs.
Of course we can also use Intelligencia.UrlRewriter.dll separately,
for example, the UrlRewriter.config is
<rewriter>
  <redirect url="~/iTextSharp.aspx" to="~/" />
  <rewrite url="^~/iTextSharp/([-0-9a-z_]+?)\.aspx$" to="~/iTextSharp.aspx?id=$1" processing="stop" />
</rewriter>
So when you visit http://pdf.witwall.com/itextsharp/helloworld.aspx, it will load helloworld web control
and when you visit http://pdf.witwall.com/itextsharp.aspx, it will redirect to http://pdf.witwall.com
Jun 17, 2008 at 10:43 PM
UrlRewrite in BE.N is simple, so it's nothing wrong by writing it as part of BE.N project. But, thanks for the info of Intelligencia.UrlRewriter. I'll try it and let me see whether it fullfill BE.N requirement or not.

Regards,
Agus Suhanto
Jun 18, 2008 at 1:44 AM
BE.N used for software developer. 3rd party component mostly closed source. 3rd party component often contain lot of features that we are not needed. We also can't modify 3rd party component as flexible as we need.
Jun 18, 2008 at 4:05 AM


cahnom wrote:
BE.N used for software developer. 3rd party component mostly closed source. 3rd party component often contain lot of features that we are not needed. We also can't modify 3rd party component as flexible as we need.

Intelligencia.UrlRewriter is open source and the license(MIT License) is very open.

If BE.N want to be a mature project, it have to use 3rd party component, and it uses 3rd party component,tiny_mce now.

P.S. about the MIT License

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
all copies or substantial portions of the Software.


Jun 18, 2008 at 5:18 AM
Edited Jun 18, 2008 at 5:20 AM
I have written a post for this,you can go http://blog.119797.com/post/BlogEngine-url-Rewrite.aspx
Jun 18, 2008 at 5:45 AM
Intelligencia.UrlRewriter is open source but not all features will be used in BlogEngine.NET.
The goal of BlogEngine.NET is a simple as possible blog engine for software developer.

Regards,

Ahmad Masykur
Jun 18, 2008 at 11:45 PM


cahnom wrote:
Intelligencia.UrlRewriter is open source but not all features will be used in BlogEngine.NET.
The goal of BlogEngine.NET is a simple as possible blog engine for software developer.

Regards,

Ahmad Masykur

Any open source library(developed by other) could not just develop the features for your project,
and when BlogEngine.Net grows bigger and bigger, we need write more code in UrlRewiter.cs, and this class would become very ugly.
best regards,
Witwall PDF
Jun 19, 2008 at 12:22 AM
Interesting... where I can read the statement from the author of BE.N goal to be as simple as possible blog engine for software developer?


cahnom wrote:
Intelligencia.UrlRewriter is open source but not all features will be used in BlogEngine.NET.
The goal of BlogEngine.NET is a simple as possible blog engine for software developer.

Regards,

Ahmad Masykur


Jun 19, 2008 at 2:33 PM
There seems to be a lot of assumptions being made in this thread.  For starters it has been clearly stated that no third party assemblies are to be used, none.  Sure we could incorporate the code base of Intelligencia.UrlRewriter into this project.  There are others as well that we could evaluate and use.  By the way witwal, what does "
If BE.N want to be a mature project, it have to use 3rd party component, and it uses 3rd party component,tiny_mce now." mean anyway?  Mature?  It does not need 3d party assemblies to be mature.  Second  it is open source and uses lots of different resources including tiny_mce editor.  Again, no 3d party assemblies.  Why the push for Intelligencia.UrlRewriter?  Is there something that needs to be added to BE.N that Intelligencia.UrlRewriter addresses?
Jun 20, 2008 at 3:36 AM


rclarkson wrote:
There seems to be a lot of assumptions being made in this thread.  For starters it has been clearly stated that no third party assemblies are to be used, none.  Sure we could incorporate the code base of Intelligencia.UrlRewriter into this project.  There are others as well that we could evaluate and use.  By the way witwal, what does "
If BE.N want to be a mature project, it have to use 3rd party component, and it uses 3rd party component,tiny_mce now." mean anyway?  Mature?  It does not need 3d party assemblies to be mature.  Second  it is open source and uses lots of different resources including tiny_mce editor.  Again, no 3d party assemblies.  Why the push for Intelligencia.UrlRewriter?  Is there something that needs to be added to BE.N that Intelligencia.UrlRewriter addresses?


Maybe because of my poor english, I just want to say we not need "reinventing the wheel".
I just suggest to use Intelligencia.UrlRewriter in blogengine.net system, with it, we can easily expand our system base on BE.N, without modify UrlRewriter.cs.