Trying to modify the control panel

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Feb 8, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Hi guys, I am trying to add my own features to the control panel (admin/admin.master) but when I run the website the changes don't show up. I tried to rebuild but no luck.

What can cause this?

Feb 9, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Bump

Feb 11, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Bump.

Feb 13, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Bump

Feb 15, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Bump, please does nobody know how to modify the admin page?

Coordinator
Feb 15, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Try changing from :

<span><%=BlogSettings.Instance.Name %> <%=Resources.labels.admin %></span>

to something like:

<span>------TEST---------</span>

And see if this will work. Basically, we have no idea what you really doing. There are many reasons something won't show up on the page. May be, it set to hidden by stylesheet in parent element. May be you forgetting to close the tag or something like that. No way to tell, you have to be more specific - "here are steps I'm doing and expect this result but getting something else instead". Then it will be easier to understand and help you.

Feb 16, 2012 at 11:12 AM
rtur wrote:

Try changing from :

<span><%=BlogSettings.Instance.Name %> <%=Resources.labels.admin %></span>

to something like:

<span>------TEST---------</span>

And see if this will work. Basically, we have no idea what you really doing. There are many reasons something won't show up on the page. May be, it set to hidden by stylesheet in parent element. May be you forgetting to close the tag or something like that. No way to tell, you have to be more specific - "here are steps I'm doing and expect this result but getting something else instead". Then it will be easier to understand and help you.

Hi, I uploaded an image to try and illustrate my problem.

http://i41.tinypic.com/291gohx.jpg

Coordinator
Feb 16, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Your picture shows that you are on ~/admin/default.cshtml page (dashboard). CSHTML pages don't use site.master, they use ~/admin/_Layout.cshtml as a "master" page. If you change footer in that layout page or go to any .aspx page in admin you should see your changes.