Sign in not working

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls
Jun 20, 2008 at 11:46 PM
Hello,

I know this has been discussed a couple times on this forum, but I'm having a terrible time trying to figure out what Im doing wrong, hopefully someone can lend a hand.

Ive set up BE 1.3 on my dedicated Windows 2003 server as instructed, granted permissions to the app_data folder.  I can open the website and can navigate through the default setup fine.  However when i click the sign in link i have not taken to the login.aspx page, it navigates to the default.aspx page.

When i do manually visit the login.aspx page and enter admin/admin for the user/pass, the page just seems to visit itself, like its not being processed.  I am not receiving any error messages, so it makes it even harder to try and figure out what is happening.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what Im doing wrong here, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Jun 21, 2008 at 12:09 AM
This happens to me occasionally on my *local* installation.

In every case though, I CAN login in fine with Firefox- just not IE(7)

Jun 21, 2008 at 1:34 AM
In this case then it is more likely a browser problem, not a server problem. In IE, try to clear all cookies then close the browser. Open BE.N again in a new browser.

Regards,
Agus Suhanto
Jun 22, 2008 at 6:34 AM
More likely, it won't be a Server side problem. I have seen a similar issue when I installed Google Search script on my pages. I was using it in one of the ascx files. After moving it to the MasterPage, it started working fine.

capsize wrote:
Hello,

I know this has been discussed a couple times on this forum, but I'm having a terrible time trying to figure out what Im doing wrong, hopefully someone can lend a hand.

Ive set up BE 1.3 on my dedicated Windows 2003 server as instructed, granted permissions to the app_data folder.  I can open the website and can navigate through the default setup fine.  However when i click the sign in link i have not taken to the login.aspx page, it navigates to the default.aspx page.

When i do manually visit the login.aspx page and enter admin/admin for the user/pass, the page just seems to visit itself, like its not being processed.  I am not receiving any error messages, so it makes it even harder to try and figure out what is happening.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what Im doing wrong here, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!