Trackbacks Not Working For Me

Jun 25, 2008 at 9:20 PM
When I had dasBlog, trackbacks worked the way I expected them to work.  I'll give an example.

I would write a post and in the post, I would put a link to another web site's post, such as michellemalkin.com.  I would, of course, link to the post itself and didn't link to a trackback URL.  Without fail, her blog would turn around and link to my blog.  I was able to see this happen through the logs.

BlogEngine doesn't seem to have any similar log so I can't see what's actually happening.  Further, despite my numerous posts linking to other sites, I've yet to have a single trackback work.  Can I get some direction?
Jun 26, 2008 at 1:13 AM
BE.N has pingback send and trackback send features. You have to enable it in the Blog settings admin page and SendPings extension module in the Extensions admin page. About the absendce of log, everyone has the same wish with you. Let's hope the team will add it in the next version of BE.N.

Regards,
Agus Suhanto
Jun 26, 2008 at 11:28 AM
Edited Jun 26, 2008 at 11:29 AM
Not working for me either. Settings are enabled:

Enable trackbacks <INPUT id=ctl00_cphAdmin_cbEnableTrackBackSend type=checkbox CHECKED value=on name=ctl00$cphAdmin$cbEnableTrackBackSend>Send    <INPUT id=ctl00_cphAdmin_cbEnableTrackBackReceive type=checkbox CHECKED value=on name=ctl00$cphAdmin$cbEnableTrackBackReceive>Receive
<LABEL for="">Enable pingbacks</LABEL> <INPUT id=ctl00_cphAdmin_cbEnablePingBackSend type=checkbox CHECKED value=on name=ctl00$cphAdmin$cbEnablePingBackSend>Send    <INPUT id=ctl00_cphAdmin_cbEnablePingBackReceive type=checkbox CHECKED value=on name=ctl00$cphAdmin$cbEnablePingBackReceive>Receive

SendPings 1.3 Pings all the ping services specified on the PingServices admin page and send track- and pingbacks BlogEngine.NET Enabled View

Am I missing something?
Jun 26, 2008 at 3:07 PM
My settings are all enabled as is the extension and still nothing.
Jun 26, 2008 at 3:30 PM
I've used BE since 1.0 and this has never worked for me.  I don't send or receive them.  And of course all settings enabled.
Jun 26, 2008 at 10:26 PM

Gazelem67,
   I have the same problem.  Are you using SQL server in the blog?  It seems that the SQL Server implementation for Extensions is messed up. 

It seems that the blog is still trying to write to App_data folder and requires Full control to be enabled... which should not be the case for us users that use SQL Server... that is why we are using it afterall.  I personally had to put try/catch blocks around the deserialization calls in the manager.cs to get extensions to show up... and then edit the manager.cs to pull the settings correctly.

So far I have gotten the extensions to load... and they now work for all those that have settings.  The ones that do not... I don't think are working yet.  I have to look more into it.

Wild (ka)Yaker

 

Jun 27, 2008 at 9:30 AM
Not using SQL on mine. Noting also that the extension silently suppresses a possible exception, so if I get time I might remove the catch and see what happens.

Wildyaker wrote:

Gazelem67,
   I have the same problem.  Are you using SQL server in the blog?  It seems that the SQL Server implementation for Extensions is messed up. 

It seems that the blog is still trying to write to App_data folder and requires Full control to be enabled... which should not be the case for us users that use SQL Server... that is why we are using it afterall.  I personally had to put try/catch blocks around the deserialization calls in the manager.cs to get extensions to show up... and then edit the manager.cs to pull the settings correctly.

So far I have gotten the extensions to load... and they now work for all those that have settings.  The ones that do not... I don't think are working yet.  I have to look more into it.

Wild (ka)Yaker

 




Jun 27, 2008 at 3:31 PM
I'm using the XML provider so that's not the issue.  I may spend the weekend adding a logging capability and just debug it myself.