Can't Login with other users

Jul 2, 2008 at 9:20 PM
Hello.  I changed the admin password and added two users, but the only user I can login with is the admin account with the new password.  I checked the Users.xml and all the info is there, but it keeps telling me that the username or password is incorrect.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Parallon
Jul 2, 2008 at 11:14 PM
I had the same problem and was able to work around it by updating the web.config on the site.  This caused the application to restart. After this i could log in with the new users.  The users list must be cached and by restarting the application the cache was reloaded.

Give it a try.
Jul 2, 2008 at 11:43 PM

What did you do to the web.config file to fix it?

Thanks,

Parallon

Jul 3, 2008 at 1:40 AM
I didn't really change anything in the web.config.  Open the web.config put a space in somewhere, save it and redeploy to your web server.  This will restart the web application and as such get the users from the xml and refresh the cache(memory).
Jul 3, 2008 at 1:43 AM
I had the same issue, with a fresh install, using the MSSQL provider. Recycling the app pool (my hosting provider has an option to do this) will also take care of it.
Jul 3, 2008 at 2:42 PM

Thank you all so much.  That must have been the problem because this morning I came in and all was working.

Parallon

Jul 3, 2008 at 5:21 PM
If you're talking about BE1.4, I had the same problem, and I found the solution is to change the password of admin account.
Jul 4, 2008 at 6:33 AM
Close the browser and open it, and go to your blog..