Widget Administration not found.

Jul 3, 2008 at 6:35 AM
Hi,
I ran into weird thing. I have downloaded 1.4 and imported it successfully into VS 08. When I run blog itself it compiles, but instead of showing most important widget, the administration one, it shows this message:

Widget Administration not found.

The connection name 'OraAspNetConString' was not found in the applications configuration or the connection string is empty. (C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config line 165)X

I tried even to fill that string, but it didn't helped. So I removed all db related configurations from web.config...and it's still there. I even tried to switch to .net 3.5, but nothing helped. Anyone?

Coordinator
Jul 3, 2008 at 12:59 PM
Very odd.  There is no such connection string in the default web.config.  Did you make some changes?  I'd suggest checking your web.config against the one you downloaded.

If you are getting this error running on a site, it could be caused by another web.config if you have an app in the root folder or before your blog in the path.
Jul 3, 2008 at 2:06 PM
Oh no..it's clean version, just compiled in debug mode after conversion of project file (which is for vs 2005 probably). I am running it thruough visual studio, it's not deployed to site yet.

RazorAnt wrote:
Very odd.  There is no such connection string in the default web.config.  Did you make some changes?  I'd suggest checking your web.config against the one you downloaded.

If you are getting this error running on a site, it could be caused by another web.config if you have an app in the root folder or before your blog in the path.

Jul 3, 2008 at 3:43 PM
This seems to be an issue with your machine.config not web.config. Is this being run from a hosted site, or one you maintain?
Jul 4, 2008 at 6:37 AM
Its my own computer. Maybe its an issue with oracle provider or what.
Nov 25, 2008 at 6:19 AM
My error was caused at admin/menu.ascx.cs (line 19) where want to bind site map into menu. After I remark the whole siteMap value in my machine.config. It works fine to me now. Maybe this was due to I have installed Oracle connector for .NET before.
Jan 29, 2009 at 11:30 PM
Voila I found and solved the problem.   Just add the following line before any of your siteMaps in the web.config

<

clear/>

Jan 29, 2009 at 11:31 PM
<clear/>  sorry not sure why but that didn't copy in nice
Nov 25, 2010 at 8:58 AM

Thanks man, <clear/> has worked for me.

Nov 25, 2010 at 12:19 PM

Hello Folks

It has errored when I tried to add <clear/> tag in the web.config file

This blog is hosted on the live server.  ( blog.smithandgift.com  )

Please can someoen advise? 

Thanks

Coordinator
Nov 25, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Where did you add <clear/> ?  Maybe you can post your web.config file here.  And if there are any specific error messages you are seeing, if you can post those too, that will help.

Jul 22, 2011 at 10:43 AM

<clear/> didn't worked for me, I've gone in the machine.config and simply removed the wrong part in my case it was between  <siteMap> and the connection string was really missing.

I've made some test after and the other oracle based apps work flawlessly.

Regards

Davide

www.cleosolutions.com

La consulenza informatica in Brianza.